I decided that before I went to the extra expense of ordering the pattern I wrote about last time, I'd try out a pattern I already had.
I am making the shorter length with a v-neck and plain short sleeves.
I went ahead and used some old scrap fabric I had and sewed the dress almost to completion, just to make sure it fit right and I liked it. Then, went to the fabric store yesterday and got the fabric.
It's a cotton batik. I have a hard time envisioning the finished product of any project I take on, but mom seems to think it will do very nicely.
I got it all cut out last night, and hopefully will be done by Saturday. Depending on how it looks, I may wear it to church Sunday.