Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The completed dress

This dress was such a nice way to get back into sewing! No zippers, no buttons, nothing harder than sewing a curved seam.

Usually, I'm the type of person who rushes into projects and tries to complete them in one sitting. That, of course is impatience and a recipe for disaster! I have had to rip out so many seams, simply because I didn't take the time to plan out what I was doing.

A lot of sewing knowledge or ability comes from experience...which I don't have. But, you can also learn by reading the instructions carefully and planning ahead.

With this project, I was forced to take my time, and make the most of the time I had. It turned out so well, I think I'll do all my projects like this from now on.
I guess 'Slow and steady wins the race' applies to sewing too??

So here it is...

Very simple...

Very easy... 

Very nice... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment