Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The trials of being a pet owner

Today (sigh) I dropped my baby off. Left her there at a strange place all by herself. 


My Chihuahua, Misty, has had a bad tooth for a while. I thought it would take care of itself eventually, but something happened yesterday and I decided it was time to get it taken care of.

Nathan's dog, Adrian, was wanting to play with Misty and got a little too rough. He ran over to her and next thing I know, she's screaming, running out of the room, and pawing at her mouth. We figured her tooth got bumped. I was hoping it got knocked out and we'd be done with it. But it was still there.

We loaded up and took her to see the Vet. He looked at it and agreed it needed to come out. "You'll need to just leave her here. Maybe I can get to her today." That's what he said. "Leave her, now?" I thought. I asked if there was any way I could bring her back the next day, seeing as how she had calmed down. The receptionist said I could. I was so relieved. I didn't want to leave her for possibly 24 hours.

So, they gave me some anti-biotics to give her and we came home. She acted fine all day and even ate all of her spaghetti, her favorite meal. I gave her the medication and she slept well. Bringing her home also gave me a chance to prepare for leaving her and letting them perform surgery on her.

And so, I took her this morning. She was fine, I was fine. I handed her over to a kind lady and took a deep breath. I get to pick her up around 3 today and that nasty old tooth will be gone : )

I said I felt funny asking people to pray for a dog, but someone said, "If it's important to you, it's important to God." I guess I believe that. His Word says to cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for us. And I cast this care on Him. It's simply another way to trust Him. To acknowledge that all things are in His hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment