Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Last Birthday Hoorah

Tonight, as a late birthday gift, my brother is accompanying me to the Asheville Symphony Orchestra's performance of Beethoven Symphony No. 6 “Pastoral”, Liszt Piano Concerto No. 1, and Wagner's Prelude and Liebestod from Tristan and Isolde. It's really so wonderful to have this opportunity! (and to have a brother that shares my love of music)

I'm not a particularly big fan of Beethoven, but the "Pastoral" symphony is beautiful. I mainly wanted to go to this event so that I could hear a piano performance live. Again, I'm not a particularly big fan of Liszt, but I am of Chopin, and they were contemporaries. So it should be good. And the Wagner Prelude, I have no clue about. Here are a couple videos, if any of you are curious:





No comments:

Post a Comment