Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday--Creation Speaks


I have always appreciated nature. 
Most of my childhood was spent outdoors and I'm so thankful that I grew up in a time and place, and family, that allowed that.
As an adult, that appreciation has grown into fascination, I think due to knowing the Creator better...



Getting outside for my daily jog has become a great time to appreciate nature and the One who spoke it all into being.

As I jog, I look down at the gravel, all the different shaped rocks, the patterns in them.



I look along the roadside, noticing the varieties of plants and mushrooms I see.



I look a little higher at the trees and take note of the structure of the branches, the different shapes of the leaves and, this time of year, the colors of the leaves.


I look out at the mountains and appreciate the comforting feeling they give me. I also think of the catastrophic flood that led to their creation.




I look up to the sky and admire the brilliant shade of blue. Could God have chosen a better color to paint the sky with? And it's even better when there a various types of clouds adorning the sky. It always reminds me of a finger-painting.



I look up at the night sky and see how many stars there are and try to fathom how big and far away they are.



That is when I feel so absolutely small and unimportant, but at the same time, I feel so loved. Why? Because Jesus, the Creator, said this:

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And not one of them is forgotten before God. Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows." Luke 12:6-7.

I totally identify with the Psalmist when he says:

"The heavens declare the glory of God and the sky above proclaims His handiwork." Psalm 19:1a
The whole of creation shouts, "Someone created me and He is very good!"
"God is not merely good, but goodness; goodness is not merely divine, but God." "Badness is only spoiled goodness." C. S. Lewis

"Day to day pours out speech and night to night reveals knowledge." Psalm 19:1b
The night sky is the ultimate light show proving that there is an intelligent being, a creator, who is responsible.

Can you admire a work of art without speaking of the artist who created it? Is it sufficient to look at a magnificent painting and say, "What a masterpiece! What a beautiful example of chance. That canvas and those paints came together in such an exquisite design." Not for me, it's not. I say, "Wow! That painting is incredible. Who painted it?"

No one believes the Sistene Chapel just got that way on it's own. Everyone knows that someone did that.




Watch this video and see if you can say, "That music is genius! What a fantastic accident!"
Why does music speak to us like it does? Because it was created to.



God's fingerprints are all around and I praise Him, that He has opened my eyes to recognize them.


Hallalujah! (which means "Praise be to God"--the God of the Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment