Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday--Neither Jew nor Greek

Okay. So here it is, 'Thoughtful Thursday' once again. Today, I will be 'shooting from the hip'.

On Monday and also last night, I had the opportunity to serve the most interesting group in the Dining Room at the Cove. And I honestly don't know if I should give the name of the group, possibly for their safety. But I can say that they were a group of pastors and church leaders from the countries of the Middle East. Muslim countries.

At first, it was a little bizarre. Being an American, tragic events have taught me to be wary, at least, of Muslims, or people who look Muslim. And please don't think I am given to prejudice. 
But as I watched these people and picked up on some of their conversation (in english) I fully realized what a miracle Jesus Christ is!

The descendants of Ishmael have come to be the Spiritual sons of Isaac.

Seeing these people pray to and worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob was such a beautiful thing. Almost as beautiful as when a Jew comes to know his long-promised Messiah.

And so, I saw in the flesh the truth of Galatians 3:28-29: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, [neither American nor Arab] there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise."


1 comment:

  1. It's always a miracle when someone is saved, but I've always been particularly amazed or impressed when a muslim comes to Christ. Maybe it's because they so overtly hate Christianity or maybe it's because of the danger they put themselves in by converting to Christianity. Only a work of God could cause that.

    -Blane. Jr.

    ReplyDelete